Empowering Diversity in Science: Gender in Academia and Publishing
Angewandte Chemie and Chemistry Europe will host the virtual symposium "Empowering Diversity in Science: Gender in Academia and Publishing" as a part of the IUPAC Global Women's Breakfast initiative.
The speakers will offer their perspectives on the connection between publishing / public recognition and their effect on diversity in academic science with a focus on gender.
The event will be moderated by Sandra González Gallardo (Chemistry Europe) and Lisa Pecher (Angewandte Chemie) and will close with a lively discussion with the presenters.
- 25 February 2021: 9am ET / 2pm GMT/UTC / 3pm CET
- Click here to register now!
- Pernilla Wittung-Stafshede, Chalmers University of Technology & Head of Genie, Sweden
Female faculty: Why so few and why care?
- Julia Trattnig, Convelop, Cooperative Knowledge Design GmbH, Austria
Who cites whom? Tackling biases in academia
- Mia Ricci, Wiley, USA
Committing to a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive publishing environment
- Sandra González Gallardo, Chemistry Europe
- Lisa Pecher, Angewandte Chemie