4 days left
- Organization Type
Wiley is a provider of content-enabled solutions that improve outcomes in research, education, and professional practice. Our core businesses produce scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, reference works, books, database services, and advertising; professional books, subscription products, certification and training services and online applications and education content and services including integrated online teaching and learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
About the job
An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Account Executive to drive sales within key accounts for spectra database sales within the analytical sciences areas across North America. Primary responsibilities include managing existing account relationships and developing solutions from across the Wiley portfolio of solutions to support our direct and OEM clients in achieving their marketing and sales objectives.
- Building and managing strong relationships with our clients
- Drive key account growth within North America
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales targets and the delivery of profitable sales growth
- Emphasis on the selling across the analytical science market
Understanding or experience of the Spectra field
Lab exposure to mass spec technology
- Strong understanding mass spectrometry/analytical market
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- CRM management
We are seeking a skilled, motivated and results-driven Account Manager based in our Hoboken Office to manage and grow our portfolio of spectral database solutions in North America.
You will have a strong track record in sales, excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills, a sound understanding of mass spectrometry and spectral data and how analytical scientists use these tools in their daily work.
You will need to demonstrate proven account management experience, ideally within the mass spectrometry/analytical sciences area. Experience with GC/MS, LC/MS instrument brands is favorable, but not essential. We are looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- 1-3 year Experience in successfully managing key accounts
- Lab experience running GC/MS, LC/MS instrumentation
- A high level of accountability to achieve growth
- Ability to maintain and build business relationships
- Skilled negotiator and communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Time management and an ability to work autonomously.
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry/Sciences
About the benefits
Wiley's philosophy is to provide compensation and benefits that are both externally competitive and internally equitable. This role is eligible to participate in the Wiley Bonus Incentive Scheme to reward performance and achievement of objectives.
Our offices are located in Hoboken, NJ and Medford, MA. Wiley colleagues enjoy a range of additional benefits including regular social activities and events throughout the year and product discounts.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button which will redirect you to our website.
Applications should be supported by a resume and cover letter outlining why hiring you, instead of the numerous other candidates, is a good decision.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Although we appreciate your interest only those candidates with whom we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.