Scientist / Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
- Organization Type
This role is in the preclinical research and development group. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic and motivated scientist scientist with excellent training in T cell immunology and experience in assay development, high-throughput methods, and strong data analysis skills. The position requires a Ph.D. in Immunology, a deep understanding of the field of T cell and cancer immunotherapy, and hands-on experience with major biotechnology platforms.
- Establish and apply in vitro and ex vivo model systems to identify and characterize novel antibody therapeutics.
- Evaluate novel pathways and mechanisms for immunological therapeutic intervention and formulate strategies for bispecific and combinatorial approaches aimed at T cells.
- Work as part of highly collaborative interdisciplinary team.
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations on research projects.
- Prepare documents for submission to domestic and international regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to or lead immuno-oncology preclinical projects.
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology or closely related field with no less than 2 years of postdoctoral research in the field of immuno-oncology and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience in immune assay development related to T cell activation and function.
- Experience in measuring T cell responses is required. Expertise in discovery and development of T cell-targeted therapeutics for cancer is strongly preferred.
- Research experience in functional testing of bispecific antibodies is desirable.
- Background in fluorescence and/or confocal microscopy and hands-on experience with automated HCS platforms is desirable.
- A strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the team effort of defeating cancer is necessary.
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts and strategies effectively to multi-disciplinary teams, including immunologists and non-immunologists is preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are desired.