Independent Reviewing Officer - 12 Month Contract
A Local Authority near the Kingston area are currently looking to employ a Independent Reviewing Officer on a fixed term 12 month contract to cover maternity leave. This local authority is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and believes that by investing in new ways of thinking and working, you'll have everything you need to do the job you trained for. In turn, that means they're able to deliver the best possible support for children and young people.
- Chairing review meetings for looked after children, ensuring there is an effective care plan which fully reflects the child's needs with actions that are consistent with the local authorities legal responsibilities toward the child.
- Chairing complex multi-agency and multi-disciplinary child protection conferences, making decisions about the likelihood of significant harm and ensuring the conference formulates a safe and suitable plan.
NonStop Care: we are one of the fastest growing companies within the care sector, being also one of only care recruitment agency to house a Quality Assurance team ensuring a swift and effective process to place the 'right' people in the 'right' organisations.
- Have experience of management within a Children's Social Care setting.
- Educated to a degree level with a relevant professional qualification in social work.
- Active Social Work England registration and proven evidence of continuing professional development.
- Have strong organisational abilities including: time management, creative-thinking, problem-solving and multitasking.
- Have experience of chairing complex multi agency and multi-professional meetings.
- Able to build and maintain strong partnerships to help to provide the best outcome for children and young people.
- You will be solution focused, using the quality assured framework and system that are in place to monitor and review the effectiveness of the service.
For further information on the role, please send your CV in a Microsoft Word format to Jess on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 0207 940 2100 Ext: 7153.