Safety and Environment Engineer
I am currently working with a leading mineral oil company that are looking for an experience Safety and Environmental Engineer to be based in the German location of Oberhausen.
My client is passionate about rewarding their employees with competitive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits covering areas such as health, insurance, education, leisure and transport.
As Safety and Environmental Engineer your key responsibility will be to ensure specialist support for the site unites and third part companies for the assessment of specific ricks when it comes to operational and maintenance activities.
Your other tasks will include:
- Ensure the definition, implementation and analysis of the results of audit plans for the monitoring and analysis of the site's security parameters
- Ensure and promote investigation of near misses, accidents and work-related injuries in order to identify the causes and to formulate proposals for the corrective actions
- Ensure specialist support to the organisational units concerned for the activities of design and implementation of the investments, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant HSE regulations and procedures
- Provide operational support to the competent functions for the definition and updating of the Safety Management System
- Ensure the monitoring of the fire service activities provided by the service partner
- Ensure the dissemination and verification of collective and personal protection equipment, in compliance with current regulations and company procedures on the subject
- Ensure the implementation of the health surveillance for all personnel in cooperation with the Occupational Doctors
- Support the preparation and updating of procedures and operating instructions relating occupational safety and health in line with the legal requirements, guidelines and procedures
- Training of new employees on health and safety issues and to keep continuous training for employees
- Training of subcontractors about the company's health and safety related regulations.
In order for you application to be successful you will need:
- Knowledge of HSE tools and methods; HAZOP; RCA; job instruction audits; ISO 14001; OSHAS 18000; ISO5001
- Knowledge of the relevant German laws and regulations
- Qualification "FACHKRAFT FÜR ARBEITSSICHERHEIT" is desirable
- Fluent English and German
- Previous experience in a plant or in an industrial environment
If you are interested in this position please apply below. Or call Claire Kiwanuka from NonStop on the number +49 892 109 7119.
NonStop is one of the largest and fastest growing specialised life sciences recruitment companies in Europe. We are proud members of the APSCo life sciences group who ensures we meet the highest quality standards within the recruitment industry. Our offices are located in the UK, Switzerland, USA, Romania, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic and we hold labour leasing license across Europe. Please visit our website for a full list of the niche markets we cover.
Apply for Safety and Environment Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly