Purchasing Category Manager Paints & Coatings
Global Purchasing Category Manager - Polymers, Paints & Coatings, Specialty Chemicals - Duisburg area
--> Please note that this position is limited to 24 months (the current Purchasing Category Manager will be very soon in maternity leave). The opportunity to extend the contract at the end of this mission could eventually be discussed after 2 years <--
For one of my client, a global actor within the coatings & paints industry, I am currently looking for a talented Purchasing Category Manager located arround the Dortmund area for the following raw material categories :
Resins, hardeners, monomers, solvents and packaging as well as the Indirect spend categories.
You will be part of the dedicated, cross-divisional purchasing team of my client. You pursue the goal of becoming a recognised business partner for all divisions, always adopting holistic approaches that go beyond traditional cost efficiency and which bring success, especially in processes and procedures.
In addition, you will also be responsible for strategic suppliers management for the above-mentioned categories for our international locations. You apply and support the purchasing strategy in cooperation with the global purchasing team and report directly to the purchasing director of the corporate group.
- Responsible for strategic planning and sustainable implementation of category management of the assigned global categories "RESINS, HARDENERS, MONOMERS, SOLVENTS and PACKAGING".
- Coordinate all purchasing activities in Germany and Switzerland (Single Point Of Contact)
- Responsible for all indirect spend in Germany and Switzerland: indirect purchasing management including CAPEX, site services, and utilities (with support of global purchasing team).
- Develop and implement the purchasing strategy specifically for the categories, taking into account the global purchasing strategy.
- Co-designing the development of a global purchasing system for direct and indirect materials and services for the corporate group, taking into account the global purchasing strategy.
- Execution of all strategic purchasing tasks in the area including spend analysis
- Analysis of markets and recognition of trends.
- You coordinate the relationship between internal customers and external suppliers.
- You assure functional Management of local procurement managers in Germany and Switzerland
- For complex regional and international sourcing processes, you will develop, discuss and implement new purchasing strategies, negotiate conditions and framework agreements and monitor them in close cooperation with the Group's purchasing director.
- You prepare market and cost structure analyses, identify potential for sourcing initiatives and establish negotiation-proof cost targets
- Ensure compliance with purchasing and compliance guidelines as well as data management and specific category reporting requirements as well as the ISO procedures.
- Through your participation in the global supplier evaluation, you can further expand our supplier relationships. At the same time, you recognise innovation potential in the market and make it available to us.
- In addition to these classic purchasing activities, you support the overall success of the category by implementing and harmonizing efficient processes, procedures, methods and resources in a sustainable manner. Within the scope of this responsibility, you are significantly involved in the corresponding change management within the organization.
- Several years of professional experience in purchasing.
- Several years of professional experience in chemistry, Coatings area or related fields.
- Fundamental curiosity and enthusiasm for different purchasing categories.
- Strong in the analysis and interpretation of business indicators.
- Creativity and a good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, pivot tables and SAP.
- Strong, self-confident personality with a confident appearance.
- A high degree of motivation and proactivity.
- German, English on fluent business level, French as an additional language skill is advantageous.
- Team player with communication skills, assertiveness and proven leadership and motivation in an intercultural environment.
- High commitment, resilience, creativity, flexibility with pleasure on regular business trips in Europe mainly.
What my client offers :
- An open and appreciative corporate culture, challenging tasks in an innovative, dynamic and international working environment, short decision-making processes, a high degree of creative possibilities, independence
- Teamwork in a motivated, performance-enhancing environment and attractive remuneration.
- Participate in the success of our dynamically growing company and take advantage of the opportunity for your professional future!
If you recognize yourself or know someone who meets the criteria mentioned above, contact me by e-mail.
Be aware that I develop a dedicated network on industrial paints / coatings / adhesives in Europe for commercial, technical / R & D, do not hesitate to get in touch in a long-term perspective or if you even look for talents for your teams.
Florian Bauvie - Associate Partner | Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals | Commercial, Technical & Top Management
Apply for Purchasing Category Manager Paints & Coatings
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly