Head of SEND & Inclusion
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Head of SEND & Inclusion to join our Children Services Department and play a central role in our transformation journey.
Key requirements of this position include:
- Recent experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience of taking a local authority out of a written statement of action (as we are in one) would be helpful
- Experience and capability to plan, strategically implement and manage service transformation, policy change and quality assurance frameworks
- You'll have high levels of political awareness and sensitivity, to allow you to shape and lead services to improve educational outcomes for children and young people.
- Solid knowledge on SEN related legislation predominantly focusing on the Children and Families Act 2014 and its code of practice.
- Significant experience in running a range of statutory SEND Services.
- Experience and capability to plan and strategically implement policy change and quality assurance frameworks
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of partners.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join a service which is transforming its shape in order to strengthen even further the support provided to over 2000 children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans. This improving Local Authorities Children Services Department has a completely new senior leadership team committed to driving forward change and delivering improved outcomes for children. We are expanding our Special Needs Assessment Service and we are implementing the changes for our redesigned ASD Advisory Support Service.
Current we are looking to recruit a dynamic and strategic leader to join the service at a time of considerable change. Reporting into the Assistant Director of Education Standards and Inclusion, the Head of SEND will be a key member of their management team to support Children and Young People.
The role will focus on revisiting our approach to governance arrangements for SEND including developing the strategy and a robust quality assurance framework, working in partnership with health commissioners and providers, alongside effective delivery of our statutory services. Managing key budgets and working collaboratively across the department and in partnership with schools, parents and carers are also key functions of the role.
Any interested applicants would benefit from sending their CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Jessel on 0207 940 2100 Ext: 7153 for a confidential discussion to determine your options and future prospects.
Apply for Head of SEND & Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly