Principal Scientist - CNS - Neurology
Our client is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis.
The primary responsibility of the Principal Scientist is to drive the CNS translational strategy for their main pipeline projects and external collaborative projects with big pharma.
You will be responsible for the discovery and development of biomarker assays with potential for clinical utility as well as contribute to target biology mechanistic understanding, through evaluation of cellular, molecular and genetic mechanisms, supporting company's lead portfolio programs.
Growing company, exciting technology and amazing location - this is just a few things you can benefit from.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Ph.D. in neurology/neuroscience with at least 3 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
* Experience of studying translational markers/assessments (e.g. imaging, e-phys, fluid markers) relevant for CNS indications.
* Practical experience investigating one or more of the following areas in vivo: mitochondrial dysfunction, protein mis-folding and aggregation, protein spreading and seeding, cellular proteostasis mechanisms, neuroinflammation.
* Experience working in cross-functional and matrixed Research and Translational teams.
* Experience in advancement of compounds through project milestones (i.e. candidate selection) as pharmacology or translational line representative.
* Publications relevant to translational science in the field of Parkinson's Disease or other Neurodegenerative diseases.
* Understanding mechanisms and genetics underlying neurodegenerative diseases, and good knowledge of the drug discovery/development space in this area.
* Use of relevant in vivo models and experience of working with CROs to deliver in vivo studies.
* Able to establish, maintain and manage effective collaborations with external partners.
* Previous experience of effective team leading and line management is highly desirable.
For more information about the role and the benefits, please send a recent copy of your CV in a MS Word document to me, Karina, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be contacted immediately to discuss this position, as well as similar opportunities currently available.
If you know someone in your network who may be interested in the above, then you are more than welcome to pass on my details to them, so that I can be of assistance to them
Apply for Principal Scientist - CNS - Neurology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly