Principal Scientist - CNS - Neurology
Our client is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis.
The primary responsibility of the Principal Scientist is to drive the CNS translational strategy for their main pipeline projects and external collaborative projects with big pharma. The position holder will utilise their knowledge of translatable markers/endpoints for use in non-clinical in vivo models and support deployment as part of the clinical development plan
- Lead the CNS translational marker strategy for leading pipeline projects
- Design and delivery of in vivo target engagement, pharmacodynamics and disease relevant marker studies in experimental systems relevant to Parkinson's Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Critically analyse and interpret complex data sets, utilizing appropriate statistics.
- Define realistic timelines for studies and meet delivery deadlines.
- Oversight and management of ongoing and new/planned studies at both contract research organisations and academic centres.
- Establish new, or develop pre-existing, CNS translational network to help support project translational strategies.
- Authorship of research reports for inclusion in regulatory documentation.
- Input into early CNS translational science plans for ongoing collaborations with big pharma.
Growing company, exciting technology and amazing location - this is just a few things you can benefit from.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in neurology/neuroscience with at least 3 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- * Experience of studying translational markers/assessments (e.g. imaging, e-phys, fluid markers) relevant for CNS indications.
- * Practical experience investigating one or more of the following areas in vivo: mitochondrial dysfunction, protein mis-folding and aggregation, protein spreading and seeding, cellular proteostasis mechanisms, neuroinflammation.
For more information about the role and the benefits, please send a recent copy of your CV in a MS Word document to me, Karina, to email@example.com. Candidates will be contacted immediately to discuss this position, as well as similar opportunities currently available.
If you know someone in your network who may be interested in the above, then you are more than welcome to pass on my details to them, so that I can be of assistance to them
Apply for Principal Scientist - CNS - Neurology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly