Laboratory Manager - Join the fight against Covid-19!
Our client is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Their complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges.
They practically pioneered the industry when referring to PCR equipment.
Moreover they are an international company with over 40'000 employees across the globe, which will expose you to possibilities in terms of networking and career development.
We suggest you apply now as we have interview slots available starting this week!
This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services. The candidate will be responsible for daily supervision of a high throughput clinical laboratory including oversight of laboratory technologists, technical trouble-shooting validation and testing processes, reviewing lab results, developing and writing operational procedures, monitoring laboratory key performance indicators, quality metrics and the QC program, timely reporting of quality event reporting to the laboratory director and to quality management, and provide regulatory, due diligence and internal auditing support. Must have experience and be able to apply regulations to clinical diagnostic operations.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance
- Assist in maintaining CAP and other accreditation and regulatory agency standards and regulations.
- Performing bench work and other duties as required including shift work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
- Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
Call me, Alex Manea, at NonStop Recruitment now for a confidential conversation. Contact me on A.Manea@nonstop-recruitment.com or : +44 207 234 0550, please send your CV in word format OR if this does not sound like the opportunity for you, but you are a professional within the pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industry, please feel free to get in touch, to see other opportunities we may have within this field.
NonStop is one of the largest and fastest growing specialised life sciences recruitment companies in Europe. We are proud members of the APSCo life sciences group who ensure we meet the highest quality standards within the recruitment industry. Our offices are located in the UK, Switzerland, USA, Romania, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic and we hold labour leasing licences across Europe.
Apply for Laboratory Manager - Join the fight against Covid-19!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly