Are you making an outsized difference to the public health and well-being of Americans? Would you like to? The physicians, scientists and other dedicated professionals at the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of New Drugs located in Silver Spring, MD, contribute to the public health of millions of Americans every day. We pride ourselves on our dedicated and skilled staff and are looking for committed individuals to help us achieve our mission. OND’s mission is to ensure that safe and effective drugs and biologics are available to Americans. We provide guidance to drug companies on a wide variety of clinical, scientific and regulatory matters and make decisions on whether new drugs or new uses of already marketed drugs should be approved.
The Division of Cardiology and Nephrology within the Office of New Drugs is seeking highly qualified physicians to serve as clinical reviewers for drugs used for pediatric cardiovascular conditions. We are seeking individuals who are board certified or board eligible in pediatric cardiology. We are particularly interested in individuals with expertise and/or interest in pulmonary arterial hypertension, pediatric heart failure/cardiomyopathy, or pediatric arrhythmias. Graduating fellows and junior faculty are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities of the clinical reviewer include the following:
- Determines whether clinical trials of new drugs and therapeutic biologics in humans are soundly conceived and supported to justify human testing
- Reviews clinical protocols and provides input regarding study design
- Together with other team members, interacts with investigators and drug companies to guide development of drugs and therapeutic biologics
- Determines whether marketing applications should be approved based on an evaluation of the evidence of safety and effectiveness
- Consults, when needed and where appropriate, with other medical specialists and scientists within and outside FDA
- Assists in the development and conduct of training programs, educational activities, workshops and conferences
- Keeps abreast of the progress in medical and related sciences by reviewing the scientific literature and participating in staff seminars where cases and topics of interest are discussed
As a clinical reviewer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance the public health through new drug development;
- Experience teaching and training opportunities;
- Interact with pharmaceutical companies, world-renown disease experts, patients and advocacy groups; and
- Work with a wide range of scientific disciplines in a team-oriented atmosphere.
This position allows for one half-day per week of patient care, if interested.
Apply for Pediatric Cardiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly