Senior Geotechnical Engineer
One of the largest and most successful consultancies in the UK are searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team in Manchester!
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, this company really is one of the big players in the market, and they are looking for someone with 5+ years geotechnical design experience and that is on their way to becoming chartered.
The role will be working on infrastructure and development projects, with the opportunity to consistently work on a variety of major projects. This will give the right individual a great chance to expand their experience and position themselves within a company with huge career progression opportunities.
The role is of course completely WFH in current circumstances and all interviews will be done virtually.
- Technical expertise in geotechnical engineering (design) with a demonstrable understanding of the underlying principles.
- Consultancy experience with demonstrably good commercial awareness and relationships with clients & contractors.
- Experience in the delivery of geotechnical projects, including preparing reports to a high technical level.
- Excellent report-writing and client liaison skills.
- Proven previous experience of undertaking and managing: geotechnical desk studies; designing, procuring & supervising Ground Investigations (GIs); checking Ground Investigation Reports & Geotechnical Design Reports in accordance with the requirements of Eurocode 7 : Part 1.
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications.
- Familiarity and an ability to interrogate a wide range of geotechnical software for the design of civil engineering projects including deep and shallow foundations (including pile group analysis), embedded and gravity retaining walls, earthworks/slope stability and reinforced earthworks.
- The skills to check and critically evaluate the work done by others, be it drawings, calculations or reports, and have a proven track record of doing so.
This company is extremely forward thinking and understand that work is only one part of your life. So if you have specific requirements due to your personal situation then arrangements can be made allowing for WFH and flexible start and finish times.
This is a golden opportunity for a Senior geotechnical engineer to join a leading consultancy with an excellent company culture. If you think you would be a good fit for this role then apply today for a quick and confidential call back to discuss the role further.
Apply for Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly