Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Paediatric Occupational Therapist
I am working with a highly specialised service in the South East of England who are looking for a qualified Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join their service. The service are looking for a qualified Paediatric Occupational Therapist to aid in providing high quality care to children and young adults ages 2 months to 25 years with ASC, ADHD, and Sensory Processing Difficulties.
Because the service are especially focused on creating a great work environment for their employees, you will have the opportunity to work on a well established virtual platform. This will allow you the security of a role at present during a time of uncertainty due to the current situation.
With this Paediatric Occupational Therapist opportunity you will have the chance to work in a leading Paediatrics service that is rapidly growing and receive great flexibility by having the option to choose working days and hours so that you will be able to take control and organise around your schedule and needs.
Because the service in are especially focused on getting the most out of their patients, you will help support the team through your knowledge and expertise as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist. This will allow you the opportunity to be a decision maker, so that you will pride in being directly responsible for the success of the service!
Your responsibilities would be:
- Undertake OT assessments either in-house or in the community
- Report writing and drawing up of treatment recommendations and therapy goals, ensuring regular re-evaluation of progress to the required standard
- Provide OT support and guidance during therapy sessions
- Maintain a high quality of clinical note writing following each OT session and when indicated, ensuring electronic records and activity are kept according to RCoT and HCPC standards
- Liaise with and train parents / carers regarding treatment which can be provided at home
- Liaise with and train other agencies involved, such as schools, support workers
- Liaise with other agencies, such as other health professionals, Local Authorities
- Undertake assessments which fulfil the criteria for EHCP application or tribunal procedure
- Appearance at EHCP tribunal when required
- Enable young person and parents / carers to access and use assistive devices where appropriate
- Honours degree recognised by the British Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Driving licence and access to vehicle for work
- Post qualification experience working within Paediatrics
- 3 month, 6 month or 1 year contract
- Contract renewal after 1 year
- Excellent supervision
- Highly regarded service
- Potential for permanent placement
- Training and CPD
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please send your CV, ideally in Word format, via this site.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Andria Ross, on LinkedIn.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We're passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.
Apply for Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly