MOSDOH - Comprehensive Care Unit Director Assistant Professor
7 days left
- Organization Type
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health (MOSDOH) is seeking a Comprehensive Care Unit Director. This position reports to the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations, and Community Partnerships. The Comprehensive Care Unit Director manages and mentors MOSDOH students in the Comprehensive Care Unit (CCU) to assure the attainment of pre-doctoral clinical competency in all dental areas.
Major job duties:
Major job duties:
- Manage D3 and D4 students as they develop and work through patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals and attain competencies.
- Maintain Standards of Care and ensure continuity of care for all patients in the CCU.
- Communicate and manage adjunct faculty in the clinic as to educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accreditation and clinic quality assurance and continuous quality improvement measures.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings with students, faculty, and staff to review issues/plans/events and student achievement.
- Work with staff, faculty, and administration in St. Louis and Kirksville to train adjunct faculty to achieve clinical calibration.
- Provide direction over the dental assistant(s) and Patient Service Advocates and contribute to performance review evaluations in conjunction with the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations, and Community Partnerships.
- Coordinate with Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships for staff leave (vacation, medical) and clinic floor coverage.
- Complete administrative reports as needed and all ATSU required employee training (RET).
- Track student progress and collaborate with specialty Directors and with the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships on student deficiencies.
- Provide timely counsel to students.
- Assure patient, student, and staff safety and communication.
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed.
- Monitor case completion of student treatment.
- Serve on University/MOSDOH and GHHC committees as assigned.
- Support/participate in an after-hours emergency care program.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for adjunct faculty.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships.
- Pre-doctoral Dental Program.
- Assure comprehensive care and continuity of care.
- Promote and support the General Dental Practice Model.
- DDS or DMD
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry