Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled
Primarily responsible for the school health services to students attending the Missouri Schools for the Severely Disabled.
The incumbent must have the ability to perform the essential functions below either with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Coordinate and implement a plan for health screenings.
2. Coordinate, design and implement special health care procedures.
3. Provide training on lifting techniques, basic first aid, infection control procedures, dispensing medication, CPR and other in-service as needed.
4. Administer medication and other health care procedures.
5. Follow proper nursing procedures and maintain appropriate documentation.
6. Seek out and use community health service resources.
7. Participate in staffings and IEP conferences to provide information on the student's physical and health needs.
8. Utilize each student's individual communication system.
9. Take a leadership role in developing and implementing a comprehensive school health plan.
10. Accurately complete required reports on or before established deadlines.
11. Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms, using correct grammar, punctuation, clarity and consistency of thought.
12. Collaborate with building administrator to maintain an orderly, attractive, safe, clean environment.
13. Maintain CPR training instructor certification.
14. Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personally identifiable information.
15. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and access information via the internet.
1. Itinerant travel may be assigned as needed.
2. Perform the daily self-care of students as needed and assigned (e.g., diapering, feeding, hand washing, tooth brushing, etc.)
3. Lift and move 50 pounds to include assisting in changing positions of students.
4. Participate in staff development activities to keep nursing skills updated and current.
5. Infrequent travel for training and staff meetings.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Licensed as a registered nurse in Missouri.
2. Experience with pediatrics and/or individuals with disabilities preferred.
(Other qualifications and experience which in the opinion of the Commissioner of Education meet the requirements of the position may be accepted in lieu of the above.)
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Human Resources at (573) 751-9619, through Missouri Relay System at (800) 735-2966, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Our Applicants with Disabilities: For assistance with any phase of the Department process, please notify the Director of Human Resources at (573) 751-9619. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs. TTY/TDD Relay Missouri service (800) 735-2966.
Notice to Applicants: The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is unable to sponsor applicants in their application for work visas through INS. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources.