* JobID: 7601
Open Until Filled
2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
To implement a school health program including the delivery of services to students and staff members in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community. Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional school nurse practice, district/state board of education policies and procedures and Illinois State law regarding nurse practice.
ISBE Non-PEL RN IEP Privileges Training preferred OR Enrollment in an Illinois School Nurse Certification Program
Registered Nurse licensure, Illinois
Will consider experienced LPN
Current Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certification
Illinois certification as a Vision and Hearing Screening technician preferred.
Prior professional nursing experience, preferably; pediatric, ventilator, adolescent, community or mental health nursing, and health program management.
Excellent clinical and assessment skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students including nursing assessments, identifying health problems, making referrals for diagnosis and treatment, recommending educational modifications, providing follow-up and evaluation, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
* Follows a medication protocol to safely store, administer, document, and monitor the effectiveness of medication given at school.
* Provides screening and follow-up for deficits in vision, hearing, growth and development, and other physical deficits.
* Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations dental examination, vision examinations and medical conditions.
* Makes appropriate assessments and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
* Assists in providing staff professional development opportunities on health related topics as needed.
* Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
* Initiates contact with and acts as a liaison between the home, school, community health agencies and the private medical sector to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
* Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the identification, evaluation, and placement of students into special education programs. Completes the health component of the IEP as indicated.
* Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special nursing interventions during the school day.
* Maintains a daily log of student health office visits and documents as required in the Infinite Campus.
* Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
* Utilizes required existing technology effectively in the performance of responsibilities.
* Follows all requirements for utilizing the student Health Module of Infinite Campus
* Performs other health or school related work as required.
* May be assigned district-wide as needed.
* Health Services Coordinator
* Principal or designated building administrator
Entry Rate of: RN: $28.25 per hour, plus benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Monday - Friday
Employment Application Procedure:
Applications will be reviewed and selected by the hiring supervisor.