Adjunct instructor to teach a 3-credit course entitled Computer Concepts and Applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teach classes in the mornings and/or afternoons
* Teach classes at James Kearny campus (Trenton) and possibly West Windsor campus
* Use MyITLab software for lab and lecture classes
* Prepare class lectures, assignments and activities
* Perform instructor duties: take attendance, submit grades, etc.
* Encourage top performance from each and every student
* Engage students in course work demonstrating successful learning outcomes (i.e. videos, internet, collaborative team discussions, flipped classrooms, etc.)
* Utilize Net-ops Vision Pro software in computer lab classes
* Administer student assessments and record results
* Provide student support outside of class time as needed
* Provide open lab support for students in the open lab classroom at least once a week during common hour (12 noon - 1:00 pm)
* Participate in required adjunct meetings and professional development
* Participate in instructor course meetings
* Participate in college-wide activities
* Adhere to responsibilities as described in MCCC Adjunct Union contract
* Master's degree in computer science or information technology required.
* Experience teaching Microsoft Office 2016 Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with some basic computer software skills (i.e. Alice programming language).
* Experience using Blackboard or other LMS systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants