Job no: 507546
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Categories: Faculty - Nursing
General Description of Position:
Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the College's mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to regional expectations of faculty performance and engagement.
1. Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
2. Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
3. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
4. Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
5. Use Learning Management System (e.g. Blackboard) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
II. RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
1. Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
2. Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
3. Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with regional expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
4. Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
III REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1. Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
2. Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure.
3. Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning.
IV. COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
1. Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college's relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division/college.
2. Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and division.
V. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
1. Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant-related projects.
2. Support and engage with Corporate College and Development (Ivy Tech Foundations).
3. Attend commencement and participate as assigned by regional administration.
4. Participate in college/regional)/campus-wide meetings and departmental/division/faculty meetings.
5. Participate in career service and alumni activities.
6. Support program/department chair in program management activities.
7. Adhere to college and regional academic policies.
Must have strong working knowledge of current technologies appropriate to area of instruction.
All-time faculty member in the Nursing program meets all of the following criteria:
1. Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse and,
2. Possesses a current, unencumbered Indiana Registered Nurse license, and
3. The majority of faculty shall hold master's degrees in nursing.
Faculty with Bachelor's degrees in nursing must meet ALL of the following requirements:
a. Within one semester of initial appointment, must have a written academic plan of study for completion of a Master's degree in nursing, and b. Provides ongoing documentation (each semester) demonstrating matriculation towards completion of a Master's degree in nursing, and
c. Continued employment of a person who does not hold a Master's degree in nursing shall be contingent upon documented progress towards their approved academic plan.
Official college transcripts required upon hiring and employment contingent on acceptable criminal background check.
Day, evening and/or Saturday classes, ask hiring manager for hours
Team Ivy Referral:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Attach a cover letter, resume and three (3) references (names, address, phone number and email address) copies of transcripts may be requested at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
Advertised: 08 Feb 2021 US Eastern Standard Time