* Conduct research and development on next generation manufacturing technologies, materials, processes, and implant designs. Work effectively as part of a cross functional team. Lead aspects of larger research initiates in support of the overall program objectives to drive programs to completion.
* Develop analytical and physical characterization methodologies for next generation materials, processes, and devices.
* Develop and validate test models to gain further insight in research related issues.
* Coordinate and conduct physical testing including test fixturing, set-up, equipment operation, data collection and analysis.
* Compile and refine technical reports and develop external publications. Author reports necessary for 510(k) submissions.
* Contribute to cross-functional NTDP and NPDP teams to develop next generation technologies and devices.
* Become familiar with relevant aspects of competitive technologies to develop innovative solutions to solve / satisfy customer needs.
* Interface with clinical advisors to gather input for evaluation and development of new technologies.
* Experience working with metal-based Additive Manufacturing materials, process or design is a distinct advantage.
* Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred.
* 3+ years of experience with lab-based or analytical research in the medical device industry, or equivalent.
* Demonstrated understanding of engineering principles.
* Demonstrated understanding of new technology and product development processes.
* Demonstrated experience with physical or analytical based research tools
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to complex discovery-based research initiatives from concept through final recommendation.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver aspects of innovative analytical, test or process solutions in the research arena.