Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
To adequately display the knowledge and ability to carry out the approved tests to comply with the department objective.
- Will be working in a laboratory that supports manufacturing. There are samples that will be taken from the manufacturing floor and that good manufacturing practices and safety are of the highest priority
- Applying high quality scientific techniques in the microbiological analysis of raw ingredients, in-process production samples, finished product testing and environmental monitoring, to ensure that all products manufactured are fit for use
- To be able to work with fellow technicians, with a high degree of motivation, attention to important details with clear communication to all team members. This is important due to the high degree of responsibility and working within a small group where each person is relied upon highly
- To prioritize tasks to efficiently be completed with the most accurate results, and to communicate clearly and work together in a team environment
- Product testing
- Environmental testing
- Raw ingredient testing
- Media preparation/general lab work
- Team work
- Project work
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required plus 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus), plus 2 years of laboratory experience or 4 years' experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Or a Science related Associates Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus), plus 1 year of related laboratory experience or 2 years' experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Or a Science related Bachelor's Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus)
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals
- College or working in food/pharmaceutical/medical device plant or hospital/medical lab.
Do all testing in the lab through instruction via manuals and through training. Problem solving is required when test results are out-of-specification to assign a cause and rule lab error.
Impact of actions: Depending on error, there would be an explanation on a deviation report or voluntary/FDA for a major error.