Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Temecula, CA,
currently has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer.
Provide process/quality engineering support to manufacturing, and helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Also, provides Process/Quality Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure development of highest quality new products.WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, custom complaints) by participating in efforts/teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- May be responsible for querying & bounding data to support implementation of complex & documenting release criteria.
- Develops product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications and quality plans in conjunction with other product development team members.
- May be responsible for creating risk analyses and FMEAs.
- Develops Process and Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps applying methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Leads process improvement efforts by identifying methods to capture quality metric data and by performing appropriate analysis methods to enhance sustaining product design and new product development.
- Assists in creation of Quality Tools & Training Materials by understanding the limitations of existing quality tools and training materials, and by helping to identify more effective tools & materials.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors.
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 2 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent.
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
- General understanding of business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.