ILLINOIS NURSING ACADEMY - About Our Company:
The Illinois Nursing Academy is a strong member in the community by helping members in our community jump start their career in the nursing field for free. Our school has partnered with many nursing facilities in the Chicago land area that are willing to hire, train and pay for students to attend our class while guaranteeing a position with that nursing facility, during and after this course. The staff at our school is held to elevated standards so ensure that all of our students can be successful upon graduating
About the Position/ Responsibilities and Duties
The BNATP Instructor at the Illinois Nursing Academy will instruct students according to the curriculum designed to assist students to build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at passing the licensing exam for Illinois CNA. Assist students in registering for the Illinois State CNA licensing exam. The instructor must possess the ability to work with students from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. The Instructor will provide on-site training to build their clinical skills and knowledge.
1. Teach, instruct and provide feedback to the students as they are preforming skills that are based from the course curriculum as outlined.
2. Build knowledge and develop clinical skills aimed at assisting students to obtain the CNA license by training on the proper techniques.
3. Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content
4. Evaluate and document students' progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained.
5. Communicate effectively with students, and all those affiliated with the course, including staff at clinical training facilities, staff, and prospective employers.
6. Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care
7. Maintain skills sheet and turn in at required deadline
8. Perform all other duties as assigned by the BNATP Program Coordinator.
1. Registered Nurse License in Illinois
2. Two years' nursing experience and at least one year of experience in the provision of LTC facility services in the last five (5) years
3. Ability to perform physical work with patients and students in a clinical setting
5. Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
SKILLS AND ABLITIES
1. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
2. Excellent organizational skills
3. Skilled in teaching adult learners
4. Willingness to work on a flexible schedule to meet educational requirements
5. Possess strong interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work independently