Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Co-op assignment will be with the Process Engineering Team within Abbott Transfusion Medicine Operations. The Process Engineering team provides technical support for the biologics and rare reagents manufactured at Abbott's Lake County site, which are then further used in the manufacture of blood screening and diagnostic assays. The team consists of scientists with subject matter expertise in purification, fermentation and cell culture methodologies. In addition to contributing to ongoing support of manufacturing operations, the Process Engineering team also plays an integral role in driving design change activities and continuous improvement projects.
Co-Op assignments will likely assist with identification/implementation of process improvement activities.
A background in biochemistry, biology, chemistry and/or chemical engineering preferred.
- Co-ops work 6-month, full-time assignment
- This posting is for candidates able to start in July 2021
- Students with life science: biology, chemistry or production operations management encouraged to applyYour experience(s), education and knowledge:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate or graduate
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 6 month Co-op session
- Students must be able to work in the US without requiring sponsorship