Location: Ipswich, MA United States
The Research Department at New England Biolabs (NEB) is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Division of Protein Expression and Modification. The successful candidate will engage in research focused on systems that limit or promote acquisition of new genes in Enteric bacteria, building on methods, strains and data resources developed during study of recombination and phage restriction in E. coli and Salmonella. Primary Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Use existing genetic tools and data to propose target(s) of phage replication arrest.
- Develop and implement assays to validate targets and determine the scope of action.
- Develop and implement assays to connect in vivo phenotypes with in vitro events.
- Assist in the supervision of graduate and undergraduate interns.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Recent Ph.D. in microbial cell biology, genomics, molecular genetics, or related field.
- Technical expertise large-scale data analysis.
- Experience in assay development and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong record of scientific publication.
- Strong scientific curiosity, integrity, creativity and self-motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities including verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers exciting opportunities for broad research training in an interdisciplinary environment, collaboration with academic and industrial institutions, publishing in peer-reviewed journals and participation in national and international conferences.EEO Statement
New England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are available here.
Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.
New England Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program.
OFCCP's pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP's website at www.dol.gov/ofccp
If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to (see application details) or call (see application details) to let us know the nature of your request.