THE LANDMARK GROUP PRESENTS: Laboratory Director - Molecular
Location: Rahway, NJ preferring an on-site Director, could possibly consider remote part-time
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications
The Laboratory Director will have clinical oversight of the Client's laboratory testing. As laboratory director, you will ensure quality of testing while continuing to meet or exceed applicable regulatory standards. You are responsible for ensuring that the laboratory implements testing while consistently providing accurate and reliable patient NGS test results. We are searching for a future Director able to seek out and create the most unique Molecular tests available. You must be NY State licensed as well as ABMG or comparable certification.
· Extensive experience in complex diagnostic molecular testing techniques, including hands-on experience with Next-Generation Sequencing assays.
· Proven experience in clinical molecular assay design, validation, and implementation under CAP and NYS DOH requirements.
· Preference the future Director is well versed using (NGS) or in the use of Ion Torrent experience
· Experience in clinical laboratory budget development and cost management.
· Experience in lean workflow and production schedule in pre-, post, and analytical clinical laboratory operations.
· Experience in developing Quality Management Program for Clinical NGS testing.
· Experience in LIS and LIMS management for Clinical NGS testing and familiarity with integration of NGS informatics pipelines and software.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
· Previous supervisory experience required. Manage a team of 7 technologists.
· Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists.
· Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
· Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment.
· Experience with CPT coding and reimbursement with commercial and governmental payors
· Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent client interaction communication skills.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Excellent and proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
· Attention to detail is critical.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Board-certified or eligible in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) and/or American Board of Pathology with Molecular Genetic Pathology fellowship training in ACGME-accredited institution (Requires PhD, MD, or DO), and/or
· Board-certified or eligible as a High-complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD), in Molecular Diagnostics by the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), and
· New York State licensure or qualifications to obtain NYS license
· Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
· Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
· Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
· Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
· Extensive computer work.
· Frequent use of telephone and fax.
Company DescriptionThe Landmark Group / Lab Careers places individuals with excellent laboratory and biotechnology companies motivated to hire healthcare professionals.
The Client for which we are running this search is very generous. They have many perks/benefits that make the opportunity fantastic. They are continuing on a path of growing/expanding. Excellent company to have on one's resume!