Come join our Control Freak Nation and become a Control Freak! A growing company since 1973 with strong long term strategic growth plans. At UTAK you have a chance to make an impact in the Forensic and Toxicology Industry. You will have every opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. We thrive on our Control Freak feedback and ideas. A career at UTAK is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand.Our Freak Belief:
- There are no shortcuts to achievement.
- If we aren't having fun, then we are doing something wrong.
- No Shortcuts, HAVE FUN!
We work in a thriving work environment. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE);
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, long term disability);
- 401K plan;
- Paid Holidays, Sick Time and Vacation Time;
- Quarterly Employee Appreciation;
- UTAK Control Freak Week;
- UTAK Holiday Party;
- Kitchen amenities with stocked Coffee and Tea;
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team.
The Senior Scientist is a research professional who oversees product development, and guides other scientists, engineers, and chemists to project completion. The Senior Scientist will advise on raw material interactions, as well as product feasibility and manufacturability. The Senior Scientist will collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure products are manufactured to the highest standard.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Major duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assess and make recommendations based on project feasibility
· Research and propose new products
· Advise on raw material interactions
· Advise on process improvements within manufacturing of current products
· Support customers with troubleshooting of products not within specifications
· Comply with UTAK's policies, procedures, and quality standards as well as safety and environmental regulations.
· Champion the laboratory's culture and strategic initiatives.
· Deliver quality results and timely completion of projects goals.
· Train new scientists, engineers, and chemistsAdditional Duties:
· Must be comfortable working with a broad range of human matrices/biospecimens such as: whole blood, serum, plasma and urine
- Work overtime as necessary to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Attend weekly department meetings and training sessions.
- Promote safety and participate in safety activities:
o Assist in the investigation of all accidents or incidents in work area.
o Implement safety-related improvements as identified by employees, team leaders, safety professionals and others.
· May perform special projects and other duties as assigned or requested.
· Understand and act upon knowledge of inter-departmental intersectionality.
· Support and communicate prioritization of workload.Job Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following education, experience, knowledge, competencies and skills:
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree or certifications applicable to industry/field.
- Strong background in pharmacology.
- Strong knowledge and experience related to laboratory testing method development.
- Strong comprehension of laboratory QC and Calibration validation practices.
- Understand drug interaction with testing instrumentation.
- Understand different types of testing platforms.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and testing lab accreditation.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
Company DescriptionUTAK Laboratories is a manufacturer of medical devices specifically quality control material for clinical and forensic testing laboratories. UTAK has been in business for nearly 50 years and still growing.