Lawrence Berkeley National Lab's (LBNL) Chemical Sciences Division Division has an opening for a postdoctoral to join the team.
In this exciting role, your primary focus is the study of photo-induced interfacial energy- and charge-transfer dynamics by femtosecond and picosecond time-resolved X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Experiments are performed at the Advanced Light Source (ALS) and X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL) light sources such as LCLS and FLASH. You will be expected to independently conduct cutting-edge experiments, analyze results, derive theoretical interpretations, and draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. A high degree of independence must be complemented by the capability to thrive in a collaborative group environment.
What You Will Do:
* Conceive, conduct, analyze, and interpret ultrafast time-resolved X-ray photoemission experiments on photoinduced dynamics in condensed phase systems.
* Draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
* Present scientific findings at national and international scientific meetings.
What is Required:
* PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or closely related field.
* Strong background and documented track record in experimental physics, chemical physics, or physical chemistry.
* Experience with pulsed lasers, ultrafast spectroscopy, high vacuum techniques.
* Experience in conducting experiments at synchrotrons and/or XFELs.
* Capability to work independently within a collaborative group environment.
* Capability to author manuscripts suitable for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
* This is a full-time 2-year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
* This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
* Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
* This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
* Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Know your rights, click here for the supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.