Director Molecular and Genomic Pathology
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Laboratory Director will have clinical oversight of the Client's laboratory testing. As Laboratory Director, you will ensure quality of testing while continuing to meet or exceed applicable regulatory standards. You are responsible for ensuring that the laboratory implements testing while consistently providing accurate and reliable patient test results.
This position will be partially remote.
· Extensive experience in complex diagnostic molecular testing techniques, including FISH, Hyplori, RPP, GPP and others approved by NY State. Tests are currently run on FastDX, Guantostudio, Kings Fisher, Luminex Biometric and Quegen. Also BRCA assays. Future assays include those for UTI, Women's health, Men's health as well Cardiac and Pulmonary assays.
· There are 7 technologists who report into the lab Supervisor (Ph.D.).
· Hands-on experience with Next-Generation Sequencing assays. Use of this at a later date.
· Proven experience in clinical molecular assay design, validation, and implementation under CAP and NYS DOH requirements.
· Experience in lean workflow and production schedule in pre-, post, and analytical clinical laboratory operations.
· Experience in LIS and LIMS management for Clinical testing and familiarity with integration of informatics pipelines and software.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
· Previous supervisory experience required.
· Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists.
· Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
· Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge with CPT coding and reimbursement with commercial and governmental payors
· Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent client interaction communication skills.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Excellent and proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
· Attention to detail is critical.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Board-certified or eligible in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) and/or American Board of Pathology with Molecular Genetic Pathology fellowship training in ACGME-accredited institution (Requires PhD, MD, or DO), and/or
· Board-certified or eligible as a High-complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD), in Molecular Diagnostics by the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), and
· New York State licensure or qualifications to obtain NYS license
Company DescriptionThe Landmark Group / Lab Careers places individuals with excellent laboratory and biotechnology companies motivated to hire healthcare professionals.
The Client for which we are running this search is very generous. They have many perks/benefits that make the opportunity fantastic. They are continuing on a path of growing/expanding. Excellent company to have on one's resume!