When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 80,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location/Division Specific Information
Fair Lawn, NJ/Life Sciences Solutions Group in the Laboratory Chemicals Division (LCD)
*How will you make an impact? *
QC Chemist II is responsible to conduct analytical testing using basic wet chemistry, instrumentation techniques for Reduced testing, Compendial products and Lot controlled Bulk, finish goods and stability samples. QC Chemist II performs analytical testing using Wet chemistry techniques such as Identification, direct Titration, Standardization of normal solutions and buffers as per current laboratory SOPs, and ACS/USP/FCC/EP/BP/JP monographs.
*What will you do? *
* Operate GC, GCMS, LCMS, AA, pH meter, FTIR, Melting Point apparatus, Specific Rotation, Conductivity UV-Vis, Karl Fisher and other relative lab instruments to conduct analytical testing.
* Perform basic wet chemistry test for reagent chemicals in accordance with QC non-compendial Standard Operating procedures and ACS, USP/NF, EP/BP, JP, FCC.
* Perform peer review of Junior chemist testing data. Update and maintain QC equipment logbook, QC Electronic sample log, Reagent Inventory log and External testing log on daily basis. Enter analytical testing results into the LIMS per applicable SOP.
* Maintain general lab housekeeping, Efficiency, productivity, and Integrity with analytical data to meet required standards. Assist in continuously updating standard operating procedures. Make recommendations to technical support on analytical methods. Assist with resolution of Investigations, customer complaints and troubleshooting instruments.
* Maintain and improve Safety and Quality for the department. Represent QC laboratory for Gemba Inspections related to Safety and Quality. Manage and handle labeling glassware and solutions, Segregate, label and dispose of Laboratory waste and reagent chemicals in accordance with company, local, state and federal regulations and assist in reducing waste. Operate quality system such as Agile and Trackwise to perform your day to day task
* Participate in Customer, ISO, and Internal Audit and assist with the preparations for audit readiness. Knowledge of ISO, FDA, DEA and cGMP regulations.
* Train fellow chemist and QC lab technician on relative tasks.
*How will you get here?*
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field required.
* 3-5 years of laboratory, or highly regulatory experience.
* Experienced in reading and interpreting documents such as procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, specifications, safety rules and guidelines, etc.
* Experienced in following current Monographs, ISO and cGMP standards.
* Experienced in prioritizing and multi-tasking critical assignments and communicate cross-functionally.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, Basic chemistry principles and techniques that are used in lab setting.
* Highly organized and detail oriented with effective time management skills.
* Proficient in English, verbal/written.
* Operating and troubleshooting knowledge of LCMS and GCMS.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! [http://jobs.thermofisher.com](http://jobs.thermofisher.com)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.