The University of Maine School of Computing and Information Science seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position, with an anticipated start date of August 29, 2022 (or January 15, 2022). Our primary target focus is the broad areas of computing education, artificial intelligence, data science, and the applications and impacts of computing, but we will consider qualified candidates in all areas. Increasing the diversity of the computing profession is one of our strategic priorities. Women and those from other groups traditionally underrepresented in computing fields are particularly encouraged to apply.
Essential duties and responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and sustain a dynamic research program in the field of expertise, yielding well-placed publications and supported by external awards
- Be an engaging teacher, adviser, and mentor at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, typically offering three courses per year
- Engage in activities to support inclusive excellence
- Participate actively in the development of innovative computing curricula
- Engage in service to the School, College, University, and profession
Qualifications. We are particularly interested in candidates who complement the School's existing research strengths in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Management, Machine Learning, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Privacy/Security, Data Visualization, and Spatial Informatics with potential for collaborations within the School. The ability to contribute to campus-wide Signature and Emerging areas of excellence in Data Science and STEM Education Research also would be viewed favorably. Candidates should have a strong research profile as demonstrated by relevant and recent contributions in top peer-reviewed conferences and journals. Successful teaching experience and documented participation in activities promoting inclusive excellence are also highly desired. A PhD in computer science or a closely related discipline is required by date of hire.
Visit the School of Computing and Information Science website for more information:
To apply, visit: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=67934&job=assistant-professor-of-computer-science
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Computer Science - Assistant Professor, Location: Orono, ME - 04469