Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards. Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy. The Quality Assurance/Compliance Manager is accountable for adhering to all safety and quality requirements while performing assigned tasks.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all PSC values, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Support all aspects of compliance with applicable Quality Assurance requirements ensuring system methods and documentation are implemented in accordance with customer, national and international standards.
- Member of the PSC Corporate Management team.
- Administer, maintain and support oversight and implementation of PSC's Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and NQA-1 Criteria (most current versions).
- Management Representative for the ISO 9001 and NQA-1 Quality Management System programs.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives, and coordinates objectives with production procedures.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality and make appropriate adjustments.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy and practices for the functional group.
- Develop and maintain positive/productive working relationships with internal and external working contacts.
- Identify, assess and resolve operational QA compliance problems.
- Conduct internal audits and resolve any related issues.
- Conduct QA approval audits of external suppliers, teaming partners and other organizations as required
- Lead customer or independent audits on behalf of PSC to ensure QA compliance and certification
- Coordinate, direct and monitor all QA compliance programs, issues and results.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary to meet requirements of occupational health and safety, corporate policies, and federal, state, county or local health and safety regulations.
- Member of PSC Safety Committee.
- Monitor PSC's operation in compliance with all federal, state, county and local operating permits.
- Provide for communication, documentation and reporting to all agencies.
- Develop and maintain accurate filing system for environmental records, safety records, operating logs, test reports and monitoring reports.
- Assist in reporting of noncompliance events to federal, state, county, or local regulatory agencies
- Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, and take appropriate action
- Ensure Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) calibration is kept current.
- Review and write Quality, Safety and Training policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying root causes of a problem, instituting corrective actions.
- Interact with customer and supplier representatives on quality matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Develop, implement, and assist in enforcement of policies and procedures to assure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all internal and external working contacts.
Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Engineering or Science plus one year related experience; or a High School Diploma and a minimum of two years of directly related industry training and/or experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable with ISO 9001 & NQA-1 requirements.
- Experience with ESH&Q compliance programs.
- Sufficient knowledge, experience, and understanding of QA requirements to develop and implement related policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with Federal Code or Regulations as well as local and state laws/regulations.
- ISO 9001- Lead Auditor Certification
- Strong management and leadership skills; ability to communicate objectives and set goals.
- Strong skills in planning, assigning, appraising, and directing work.
- Strong skills in addressing customer complaints and resolving employee performance problems.
- Effective technical problem solving techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to begin projects independently (or as assigned), and to bring projects (or assignments) to satisfactory conclusion on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform additional duties/assignment is needed to meet departmental and/or organizational goals.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to regularly stand, walk, and use hands to lift or handle objects tools or controls. The employee may be occasionally required to bend or kneel or sit for an extended period of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Company DescriptionPSC is a northern New Mexico small business, located in Santa Fe New Mexico. PSC specializes in design, development and delivery of complex radiometric systems, building evacuation systems and public address systems.