Nursing (Registered Nurse - RN) Assistant Professor (Medical Surgical Focus)Job Posting Number: F00849PSalary: $48,329 to $80,125 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.Closing Date: 10/04/2021Complete job description and application available online at: http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=206352Position Summary General Responsibilities:
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
- The specialty areas of pediatrics, obstetrics, and medical-surgical.
- Adhering to the Board of Registered Nursing guidelines.
American River College is committed to employees:
Position Salary Information:
- Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individuals and their cultural competence.
- Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy of our care, time and energy.
- Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others' perspectives and lived experiences.
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).Assignment Responsibilities
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Pediatric & Medical-Surgical Nursing offered at the college in addition to:
- Teaching lecture presentations.
- Maintaining clinical supervision of students in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.Minimum Qualifications
- Have a master's degree in Nursing; OR have a bachelor's degree in Nursing, AND have a master's degree in Health Education or Health Science; OR hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent. All degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by January January 13, 2022.
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five years in the nursing area which can be met by A or B below:
- One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in medical-surgical nursing;
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in medical-surgical nursing or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency;
- Completion of at least one year's experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing.
- Hold and maintain a current unencumbered California license as a Registered Nurse by January 13, 2022.
- Must hold/obtain and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external agency(ies) accreditation.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
- Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.