Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as our Nurse Instructor for Women's Health. In this role, you are responsible for teaching women's health education classes and tours.
The Nurse Instructor will develop new classes for existing or potential patients, present or coordinate speakers for these classes as appropriate, and manage existing support groups. The Nurse Instructor will also conduct ongoing evaluations of the classes to assess participant satisfaction, attendance achievement of pre-established goals, and financial indicators, and make changes as needed.
Essential Job Functions
* Perform patient and staff education classes, i.e. Maternity Unit Tours, Tubal Ligation, Young Mothers, Breastfeeding, Sibling Class, and Infant CPR.
* Demonstrate a willingness to obtain additional training on appropriate topics to become qualified to teach other classes.
* Develop and administer evaluations for each class. Adjust programs as needed.
* Review and determine appropriateness of all materials cataloged in the Women's Resource Room. Develop new files on topics of interest.
* Maintain, update and expand resource and referral listings for women. Keep abreast of educational programs offered by area hospital and women's organizations, assessing and refining UCH programs as needed.
* Develop an annual plan for educational programs, support groups, and resources, including revenues and expenses, resources needed, and promotional mechanisms. Work with others in the Hospitals, as needed to secure speakers and assist in assuring the effectiveness of the programs.
* Author patient education materials as needed, with assistance from the medical, nursing, and marketing staffs.
* Organize and chair an advisory board of health professionals and others as needed, to meet at least quarterly, to identify the need for educational programs and evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs.
* Participate in the planning and implementation of outreach events for employees, patients, and potential patients.
* Work with other Hospital departments as appropriate to identify opportunities to increase new patient's referrals, cross-referrals of existing patients, and patient satisfaction.
* Perform Quality Improvement project to enhance/improve patient, physician, and staff satisfaction.
* Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN degree or higher preferred.
* Associate Degree Nurses are required to enroll in a BSN program within six (6) to nine (9) months of hire, and make progress toward and complete their BSN degree within 30 months. ADN nurses receive 100% tuition reimbursement towards a BSN degree from an accredited program.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in maternity nursing
* Strong presentation/teaching skills and communications skills, written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently, organize and implement several projects simultaneously, and meet established deadlines
* Willingness to work interactively with medical, nursing, and other hospital staff members
* Additional training in prenatal, childbirth, women's health issues
* Specialty certifications
* Job Type/FTE: Registry, 0.15 FTE
* Shift: Approximately 6 hours per week - two 3-hour classes
* Unit/Department: OBGYN
* CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us:
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment... with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.