The Maritime Director reports to the Associate Dean of Technical Studies. Duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Manage the overall operation of the program.
2. Have three-hour release time as Program director; teach classes for remainder of FTE .
3. Build and recommend class schedule each semester.
4. Recommend class schedule for entry to Banner system.
5. Recruit, review, and recommend faculty for employment and termination.
6. Develop curriculum and initiate curriculum updates and revisions.
7. Complete and maintain program reports, including but not limited to, annual program review, outcomes assessment, and accreditation details.
8. Evaluate adjunct faculty performance.
9. Assign adjunct faculty load.
10. Coordinate and recommend departmental requests for instructional materials, supplies, facilities, and capital outlay for departmental budget.
11. Coordinate information for certification exams related to program.
12. Maintain files and complete reporting requirements.
13. Orient newly employed faculty in their teaching duties and offer guidance for the improvement of instruction.
14. Review students course survey results following each semester, and handle informal student grievances.
15. Monitor and complete degree plans for graduating seniors.
16. Coordinate an industry-based advisory committee following the Guidelines for Instruction in Workforce Education.
17. Attend faculty and administrative meetings.
18. Maintain appropriate office hours.
19. Assist in advisement, recruitment, and retention of students.
20. Serve on college committees.
21. Perform other related work as assigned.
This is a non-tenured full time faculty position.
Must have held a USCG Merchant Mariner OICNW Third Mate Credential or higher. Prefer an Associates degree with USCG licensure. Requires 5+ years working as a USCG licensed mariner and 5+ years instructor experience in USCG training programs.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the unique needs of students with diverse backgrounds. Must comply with established college standards and policies.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215.
Lamar State College Orange is an EEO /AA/ TSUS Institution.
Salary salary based on LSCO faculty salary schedule
Posting Number AS146P
Open Date 08/30/2021
Close Date 09/14/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- LSC-O Website
- Employee of LSC-O
- TWC-Work in Texas
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Bulletin Board Posting
Lamar State College Orange
410 Front Street, Orange, Texas 77630