Surgical Nursing Assistant (GI Lab) - Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Surgical Nursing Assistant (SNA) assists Operating Room Technicians and Registered Nurses in the preparation and termination of surgical procedures while maintaining a clean Perioperative environment. Maintains patient safety during transportation to and from the Perioperative Nursing units. Performs additional duties and responsibilities in different areas of the department on an as needed basis or as a determined by managementJob Responsibilities/Duties
- Ensures all assigned areas of Perioperative Department are cleaned per guidelines/procedures. Picks up soiled linen in all assigned areas. Disposes of waste (including infectious) in a timely and appropriate manner. Ensures that all infectious waste is double bagged and securely tied in infectious waste labeled bags and is disposed of in specified Biohazardous bins. Reports needed repairs to engineering department.
- Transports patients, equipment, supplies, and other items throughout the hospital and perioperative department in a safe and timely manner. Complies with all infection control measures as appropriate. Ensures patients privacy and dignity at all times. Uses appropriate body mechanics for all work activities. Appropriately follows patient/visitor protocols.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order; cleans and disinfects as needed or required. Maintains inventory and records of equipment. Delivers, retrieves, and properly returns equipment to/from storage, keeping work area clean and organized, and traffic pathways clear. Ensures that room set up is completed per policy and in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.Minimum Experience:
One (1) year experience in operating room environment required. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Previous patient transport experience preferred.Req. Certification/Licensure:
AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Surgery, Surgical, SNA, Nursing Asst, Assistant