Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.About Abbott Diagnostics
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Bluff, IL currently has an opportunity for an R&D Scientist, Biologics Discovery
. This person will be part of the Biologics Discovery organization helping support the development of biologics. This is an opportunity to be part of a unique group within Biologics Discovery that has the skills to make biologics and test them in prototype assays for our automated instruments ARCHITECT/Alinity, which provides many opportunities for innovation.WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Plan and execute assigned projects; utilize thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions & provide/implement process or document improvements.
- Apply advanced scientific knowledge to projects.
- Execute experiments; participate in experimental design. Utilize DOE where appropriate.
- Utilize scientific (e.g. Journals) & industry (e.g. FDA updates) literature to broaden technical & theoretical understanding.
- Actively use library services to conduct literature searches
- Familiar with lab environment & safety practices: may assume roles of responsibility (i.e. Safety Officer, Emergency Control Force delegate, etc.).
- Apply basic computer skills. (Includes word processing, spreadsheets, instrumentation related & Abbott network systems.)
- Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports & documents.
- Utilize numerous analytical instruments; train others in their operation.
- Recognize & resolve technical problems.
- Ph.D. in a life or physical science; B.S. in a life or physical science with 5+ yrs. Related lab/industrial experience; MS with 2+ yrs relevant experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and GMP guidelines.
- Advanced scientific and molecular techniques. The ability to organize experiments, process knowledge and data to invent new methodology.
- Ability to think logically and creatively and be innovative.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to scientists, technicians, non-technical staff and customers.
- Ability to write manuscripts for professional journals and meetings.
- Ability to use a personal computer and scientific software.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Degree in biological sciences,
- Ability to run ARCHITECT/Alinity for assay prototyping
- Possess skills in protein purification with via FPLC and HPLC
- Cell culture experience a plus
- Help with development of biologics for recombinant proteins and antibodies
- Ability to perform antibody conjugations with acridinium
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Lab areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.