The University of Miami/UHealth UMHC/SCCC Stem Cell Transplant Inpatient Unit has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse 2.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. Minimum Qualifications:Education:
- The Chemotherapy nurse will be a professional registered nurse who administers standard chemotherapy and biotherapy agents, research study and non-chemotherapy medications.
- He/she will administer care to oncology patients as well as with multiple disease process and research study patients.
- Perform all phases of stem cell collection by apheresis procedures, ensuring safe and appropriate care of patient.
- Assess patient status relative to therapeutic apheresis, prior and during procedures, utilizing nursing process.
- Patient assessment to include laboratory testing results and other clinically significant procedures
- All the stem cell collections are arranged and scheduled through the transplant coordinators to provide stem cell collection by apheresis.
- Evaluate patient medication for compatibility and safety of apheresis procedure and determine when to contact the physician.
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance standard operating procedures, policies, practices, and regulations.
- Explain, as needed, clinical apheresis procedures to patients and their family and other attending healthcare professionals
- Complete necessary training and demonstrate competency to perform each job function.
- Assemble, restock, QC and maintain supplies and equipment in a state of readiness to maintain a clean, safe and efficient work environment.
- Participate in writing quality plan, SOPs, and performance of all QNQC activities.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree (BSN) preferred. RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree have 2 years to complete the BSN degree.Certification and Licensing:
- Valid Florida Registered Nurse License, BLS certification required.
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Administration Guidelines provider course
- Oncology certification preferred
- Sedation Competencies
- Maintains CITI certificate
- Two (2) years recent oncology nursing experience required
- Recent experience in administering chemotherapy and biotherapy agents