RN Cardiac Cath Lab, Full Time, Days (Culver City)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse is specially trained to provide nursing care to patients in all areas of the Radiology/Catherization Departments, assesses patient condition and takes immediate action in emergency situation. Responds to patient needs before, during and after procedures. Performs pre-examination and post-examination assessments for interventional angiography, CT scan and other special procedures. Provides appropriate education to patient and family. Documents care and relays information to physician and patient care unit. Follows established standards and practices under the direction of a radiologist and/or physician. Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for a specific group of assigned patients, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines, physicians, and support staff. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychosocial, psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient/family/significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Will reevaluate patient response and outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care, and readiness for discharge and revise plan or make referrals as necessary. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of new graduate nurses, orientees and support staff.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Provides patient care, reviews and administers patient medications, including intravenous titrations, invasive and arterial lines, cardiac monitoring, ventilator management, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in patient's clinical conditions, taking appropriate action and procedural documentation according to hospital policy. Appropriately responds to RRT/Code Blues/Code Whites as assigned. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
- Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient. Appropriately utilizes pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the patient's physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care. Reviews patient test results, identifies critical results, and communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the patient and correlates information into the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Collaborates with staff, physicians and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff, focusing on efficient and effective emergency department throughput. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching and education to patient.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.Minimum Experience:
One (1) year of previous emergency nursing or critical care experience or one year of previous Radiology/Interventional nursing experience required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekend, and holiday. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families.Req. Certification/Licensure:
Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support required. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. De-escalation certification upon hire preferred. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred. Certified Association for Radiologic & Imaging Nurses (ARIN) preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Radiology, Nursing, RN, Acute Care Hospital