Date: August 13, 2021
Position Title: Program Director and Assistant Professor Allied Health Program - Tenure Track
Job ID: 1202
Work Hours/ Schedule: 42 Weeks -Fall, Winter and Summer Semesters (*Grant Funded thru January 31, 2025)
Compensation: $63,507 (Bachelor's Degree), $68,695 (Master's Degree), $73, 995 (Terminal Degree)
Reflects Fall 2021 negotiated salary.
Start Date: Winter 2022
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Workforce Development
Posting Close Date: September 14, 2021
* GRCC has received a Federal grant which will be used to fund this new position within a new department. This position will be grant funded through January 31, 2025 and thereafter should the department continue beyond the end of the grant.
GRCC is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and qualified individual to play a central role in developing the college's new Allied Health Department from its incipient stages to that of a robust and successful program. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader in an allied health discipline, where they have established a proven track record in hiring and mentoring staff and faculty, developing curriculum, maintaining accreditations and managing clinical agreements, creating and overseeing advisory boards, and collaborating with community stakeholders. The optimal candidate will also have college-level teaching experience coupled with a desire to continue their teaching career at GRCC.
Finally, this person will also possess an interest in working with diverse student populations from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development, and provide service to our students, the college, and our community at large.
Essential Job Functions
● Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations and long-term development of the Allied Health Department.
● Assist the Dean/Associate Dean in the hiring of faculty to teach various allied health courses; hire part-time faculty to teach courses.
● Lead activities and support faculty in maintaining appropriate program accreditations and licensures.
● Oversee curriculum development activities within the department to ensure compatibility with the College's curriculum goals and mission.
● Facilitate, plan, and prepare master schedule of allied health classes, registration of students (where applicable), and maintenance of all classes in the allied health programs.
● Facilitate, plan, and assist in the management of clinical contractual agreements and student assignments.
● Coordinate clinical instructor meetings and expectations.
● Provide academic advising to allied health students.
● Provide guidance to maintain GRCC's Allied Health Department webpage.
● Work with the Dean of the School of Workforce Development in creating annual proposals for Perkins and other special funding opportunities.
● Develop and manage the annual budget and expenditures for the department and, if applicable, consortium partners.
● Prepare, update and submit reports such as program review and planning for sufficient faculty/staff/equipment to maintain change or expand programs to meet the community needs.
● Analyze assessment data to inform improvements for the department's certificates/degrees.
● Serve as the liaison between community/consortium members and the programs in the Allied Health Department.
● Create/manage/facilitate the various advisory committees and recommend new members to the Dean of the School of Workforce Development.
● Schedule and chair monthly department meetings.
● Work with Workforce Training to develop continuing education and professional development courses, where applicable.
● Other duties as normally required of GRCC faculty members.
● Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean or the Dean of Workforce Development.
● Bachelor's degree in Allied Health programs or related field required.
● Master's Degree in Allied Health programs or related field preferred.
● Minimum of two full-time years/4000 hours of combined industry experience in an allied health field required.
● Minimum of three years of full-time experience as an instructor in an allied health field required.
● Experience in programmatic accreditation experience preferred, with emphasis placed on CAAHEP accreditation experience.
● Community College teaching experience is preferred.
● Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of students from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of abilities.
● Possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy and student population.
● Interest in working with diverse student populations, who represent a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin and ability.
● Demonstrated initiative, and organizational and problem-solving abilities.
● Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
● High-energy level of enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting students, staff, and the general public.
● Ability to work under pressure while possessing mature judgment and flexibility in regards to interruptions and schedule changes.
● Good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult situations in a professional manner.
● Classroom and office environments in an academic setting.
● Travel to offsite locations will be required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on September 14, 2021. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.