George Fox University announces Visiting Professor 1-year faculty position in the Graduate Social Work., to begin August 15, 2021. This position is assigned a 5-5 academic year teaching load to teach in the Social work program.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Faculty are expected to:
- Teaching generalist practice BSW-level courses across the curriculum;
- Participate in designing, refining, and developing BSW curriculum;
- Work to connect the theoretical and conceptual contribution of the classroom with the practical world of the practice setting;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in the School of Social Work to accomplish the program's mission, goals, and
- An MSW from a CSWE-accredited program is required and an earned doctorate in social work or a related field is preferred;
- Two or more years of post-MSW social work practice experience;
- Macro-level social work practice experience;
- Two years full-time teaching in a CSWE-accredited program preferred;
- Teaching experience in the core courses for social work at the BSW level;
- Eligibility for clinical social work licensure preferred;
- Experience in social work field supervision preferred;
- Physical ability to travel the area to supervise field practicum placements;
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor depending on experience. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Concise description of research plans
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin August 1st and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: MSW Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)