Clinical Research Assistant, Trauma Surgery Research
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century - building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what's Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America's top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report . Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as "the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
Job Overview As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. A full time Clinical Research Assistant position is available in Trauma Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Assist researchers with clinical studies by documenting participant information, interacting with research participants as needed, completing study-related data entry, scheduling appointments and tests, etc.
· Assist physicians, nurses and researchers during clinical studies.
· Perform routine physical/clinical procedures such as phlebotomy, blood pressure readings, pulse etc.
· Prepare procedure room, change linen and paper, stock gowns, sheets and other supplies.
· Schedule study-related appointments by phone; schedule return visits and tests.
· Clean instruments and equipment and prepare for autoclave.
· Welcome and assist study participants with registration. Provide general information concerning the study. Assist with completing necessary paperwork and ensure that all the appropriate data has been included.
· Accurately enters data from electronic medical records, or paper research charts, into study specific electronic data capture systems in a timely manner for industry-sponsored, federally-funded, or investigator initiated clinical research studies.
· May perform venipunctures.
· Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
· High School Diploma or GED
Additional Qualifications Considered
· Associate's Degree
· Two (2) years of general workforce experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
· Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested candidates, please go to: https://bit.ly/3zcJlPb
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.