Conducts research applying theoretical and professional working knowledge for desired outcomes to include, but not limited to, experimental design, developing methodology, conducting and modifying procedures as needed, data collection and analysis, laboratory management, preparing and designing reports, and communication and instruction.
To qualify, applicants must have:
Master's degree with no experience, or
Bachelor's degree with two (2) years of related experience.
No other equivalents.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Written and verbal communications skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Leadership skills Job Requirements:
- Implements research projects; prepares and maintains culture media, reagents, and experimental animals as appropriate; modifies existing research techniques in collaboration with research faculty establishes, and independently performs routine and non-routine experiments which are moderate to complex; compiles, analyzes, and interprets research data using various relevant computer software applications; compiles processes and analyzes data; organizes and manages research data; responsible for planning, implementation, evaluation and interpretation of results, and design process which may be in collaboration with the pi or completed independently
- Performs various editorial duties; writes, reviews and edits various materials for publication; assists research faculty with preparing manuscripts and grant proposals; responds to data-related requests from research faculty, project staff, and agencies
- Performs supervisory and training duties involving lower level employees
- Records research procedures and results; files and maintains records; keep detailed records of all laboratory activities
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control; performs the quantitative analysis according to established standard operating procedures (sops); ensures that knowledge about regulatory requirements is current; assists research faculty and colleagues with day-to-day laboratory operations including monitoring the budget and inventory control ensuring quality control and safety compliance, developing policies and procedures, and ordering supplies; communicates regularly with the research faculty about all aspects of research trials
- Identifies problems, troubleshoots and analyzes variations observed and reported in regular testing protocols; modifies, refines or adapts techniques and procedures; troubleshoot problems with all aspects of evaluation and recommends solutions; adapts and/or modifies experimental methods based upon interpretation of data
- Monitors, maintains, sets up any study equipment, and maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order, following appropriate laboratory safety protocols
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time