FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring for a Research Associate I for our Bioproduction group. The Research Associate I conducts research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new products, characterization of proteins, and improvement of existing products. In addition, this position performs activities relating to cell biology, biochemistry, product development, technical product support, and process improvements.
External US Responsibilities:
- Perform cell culture experiments related to the development of new products/technologies, characterization of proteins, or improvement of existing products and processes
- Perform biochemical experiments for the characterization of antibodies and therapeutic proteins
- Formulate and prepare reagents and cell culture media
- Perform various chemical/biological assays
- Perform basic data analysis and generate summary data reports
- Assist in experimental design
- Assist in preparation of SOPs, formal reports and presentations
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and experimental problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological or Chemical Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience, with emphasis in cell biology
- Good general knowledge and hands-on experience with cell culturing of mammalian cells
- General knowledge of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Cell Biology
- Good working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Understanding of commonly used principles, theories, concepts and practices in a laboratory setting a must
- General knowledge of computers and productivity software
- Understanding of cell culture characterization
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.