The Davis Technical College offers a celebrated culture where people are valued and trusted to provide high quality education to our students and the community. We support our employees with an outstanding benefits package which starts with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Employees choose either a traditional health insurance plan or a high deductible plan with a funded HSA. Employee cost for family coverage in the traditional plan is only $64.54 bi-weekly. The high deductible plan is a low-cost plan with a health savings account funded by the college at $1,918/year for family coverage. Retirement benefits are employer funded with 14.2% contribution into TIAA 403(b) retirement plan, or the Utah Retirement Systems pension plan. Plus, the College is exempt from Social Security, so an additional 6.2% employer contribution and another 6.2% employee contribution (12.4% total) can go into another 401k retirement account. Paid leave time starts out between 12-21 vacation days per year, plus 12 days paid sick leave per year, and 15-16 holidays per year. Additional benefits include educational/tuition assistance, exercise gym, plus more. The monetary benefits provided, along with the advantage of working in Davis County, plus the collaborative and rewarding work environment, makes the Davis Tech College one of the best places anywhere to work!GENERAL PURPOSE
Supports the College Mission to serve students, employers, and the College community. Provides leadership and quality job skills training in a safe, clean environment. Maintains a positive and productive learning environment by working collaboratively with students, staff, faculty, and College partners. This position is not remote.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must hold an associate degree in a related field for pay grade 5, or certification from an accredited technical college for pay grade 4; and have four (4) years combined relevant education and experience.
- Prior teaching experience and teaching credentials preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and instill industry-related concepts and skills, critical thinking skills, computer skills, and ability to foster a productive learning environment.
- Must be able to deliver instruction in a variety of methods and produce instructional outcomes.
- Must have proven ability to lead, including the ability to act as an advocate for the College in all partnerships.
- Position may require the ability to work a flexible schedule including periodic evening or weekend hours.
- May be required to enter or teach at off-campus worksites, if applicable.
- Must be capable of performing routine physical activities associated with the training program, including the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 40 pounds, and demonstrate proper physical requirements associated with performing job functions.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
1. Instructs students, reviews prior learning, evaluates performance, and promptly enters accurate student data in the student information system.
2. Delivers instruction using designated course curriculum and assessments.
3. Fosters teamwork, communication and respect.
4. Promotes job readiness, encourages professionalism and good work habits, and assists students in seeking and finding employment.
5. Works to meet College program and accreditation standards and requirements including completion, placement, licensure, membership hours, headcount, certificates awarded, and retention (graduate completers).
6. Maintains a safe, clean and orderly training area by ensuring there are adequate supplies to support continuous instruction; monitoring responsible use of supplies and equipment; and requesting and maintaining equipment as appropriate.
7. Orients new students to classroom facilities, technology, and program/classroom performance and behavior expectations, procedures, and safety.
8. With the aid of the Instructional Systems Design team and guided by Advisory Committee feedback, develops curriculum according to defined criteria outlined in the Curriculum Quality Checklist.
9. Develops work-based learning activities for students, arranging for supervision and evaluation of off-site students, and records and reports progress and completion.
10. Coordinates with major industry partners and works with College management to cultivate new industry partnerships.
11. Supports student participation in Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs).
12. Builds and maintains relationships with industry partners, developing and participating in Occupational Advisory Committee(s).
13. Advises students regarding appropriate course selection and graduation requirements.
14. Addresses and resolves issues affecting student success, coordinating with Student Services when appropriate.
15. Communicates institutional and program information to other program faculty and program support personnel.
16. Participates in professional development opportunities including training in distance education, if applicable.
17. Cooperatively develops and works within the assigned program budget.
18. Monitors work schedules, hours and timecards for Classroom Assistants, Adjunct and Associate Faculty to ensure adequate coverage and to contain costs.
19. Works with Training Director to ensure appropriate classroom coverage.
20. Communicates and collaborates with other College divisions and departments to achieve success on projects such as marketing, public relations, grant writing, programmatic, and institutional accreditation.
21. May assist in the development and instruction of custom courses.PRIMARY CUSTOMER
College students, faculty, educational and employer partnersSUPERVISION EXERCISED
Oversees students, Adjunct Faculty, Associate Faculty, Classroom AssistantsREPORTS TO
Director of Technical ProgramsPROCESS
The College reports all positions to the Department of Work Force Services, posts all positions on the website: http://www.davistech.edu/hr, and posts hard copies of all announcements in the Human Resource Office. You can request a copy in room 1081. Verification of a typing score (within last six months) if required, is accepted from the Campus Testing Center. The Davis Technology College complies with all aspects of the ADA and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Any applicant requiring accommodations in the application process must contact the Human Resource Office. Requests should be made three days prior to need.
Company DescriptionDavis Tech will be an innovative leader in delivering exceptional technical training that supports economic development