What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Research Facilitator
University of Maryland Medical Center
Full-Time - Day Shift
* WILL NOT be doing research activities. *
We are looking for a talented Registered Nurse to join our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center Building on Paca-Pratt Street.
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you'll experience:
* A supportive and collaborative work environment
* An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
* The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
* A comprehensive benefits package, including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
* A highly competitive wage scale : Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
* Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you will not find a more vibrant place to work!
* Under general supervision, collaborates with hospital personnel and departments, legal counsel, University of Maryland, Baltimore faculty investigators, and public and private sponsors, and organizations regarding requirements for conducting and implementing clinical research at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
* Collaborates with hospital personnel and departments, compliance, and University of Maryland, Baltimore study personnel regarding requirements for conducting clinical research.
* Ensures research-related activities by UMMC clinical staff are within scope of practice and follow UMMC policy.
* Processes new inquiries for hosting research studies and coordinates the departmental review process.
* Works with departmental leadership to determine level of difficulty in accommodating protocol issues.
* Connects UMB researchers to department resources and content experts.
* Facilitates communication between study investigators and departmental leadership to obtain administrative approval for research activities.
* Designs tracking and documentation system for all approved and potential IRB research studies.
* Ensures all ongoing research activities have obtained IRB approval prior to study initiation and that studies are conducted according to Good Clinical Practices, Quality Assurance and Code of Federal Regulations.
* Designs and implements tracking system for clinical staff involvement in research-related activities.
* Provides recommendations to hospital leadership on feasibility and appropriateness of proposed studies.
* Documents departmental concerns, suggestions, requested modifications and decisions.
* Ensures hospital clinical staff have received appropriate training and clinical competence for research-related activities.
* Provides recommendations for optimization of clinical staff time associated with research-related activities.
* Attends regular meetings with investigators to understand and anticipate research support needs.
* Attends study initiation meetings to ensure mutual understanding of research activities.
* Serves as a key member of the UMMC Downtown and Midtown Campus Research Review Committees and the UMMS Research Compliance Committee, providing clinic and department specific insights to proposal reviews and decision-making.
* Attends University of Maryland Medicine Clinical Research Network meetings to understand research priorities.
* Communicate with finance office to ensure payment for research activities occurs as per contracts.
* Acts as a resource to investigators, staff, and clinical research coordinators.
Contact: Meena Williamson, Nurse Recruiter - UMMS - 443-###-#### or ...@umm.edu
What You Need to Be Successful:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required, Master's Degree is preferred.
* Current licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered Nurse is required.
* Five (5) years of direct patient care experience as an RN is required, critical care or oncology preferred.
* Experience in clinical research preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: bsn, care, care unit, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, registed