What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
U of M Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Supplemental - Level I (12 hours per pay period)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center - named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
Click HERE to meet our Chief Nursing Officer and learn more about nursing at UM BWMC.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at BWMC who have greater than (>) 12 months experience.
* This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance.
* Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty.
* Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
* Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
* Strives to provide an environment where patients, families, and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care.
* Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
* Is accountable to hold the Service Standards of the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you'll experience:
* An organization that supports, recognizes and invests in their nurses.
* Our Professional Advancement Model (PAM) designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their professional contributions to advancing the practice and profession of nursing.
* An environment of excellence focused on quality and inter-professional collaboration .
What You Need to Be Successful:
* American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire
* Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, ACLS, NRP)
* Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
* Meets licensing requirements to practice as a registered nursing in the State of Maryland
* 1+ year of Emergency Dept experience (preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, recovery, surgery