Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.ABOUT ABBOTT HEMATOLOGY:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics. Our location in Santa Clara, CA
currently has an opportunity for a Manager, Scientific Affairs. POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Manager of Scientific Affairs is a global role with focus in the United States. Major objectives for this individual contributor role include:
Executes Scientific Affairs activities aligned to Divisional strategies and objectives. Builds & improves the scientific credibility of Abbott Hematology within professional organizations and national and international healthcare communities. Provides scientific support to Hematology Research & Development, Hematology Commercial organization and Hematology Customers.PRIMARY JOB SCOPE:
The Manager of Scientific Affairs is responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. This position is responsible for achieving Scientific Affairs goals & objectives; complies with QSR and OEC procedures.
Initiates and conducts investigator-initiated and/or Abbott-sponsored research studies. Acts as study manager. Monitors study progress and analyzes results. Establishes & manages relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in Hematology, locally and internationally. Establishes & sustains scientific publication pipeline by collecting, analyzing and interpreting results, providing input to manuscripts/ posters/ presentation and by authoring and co-authoring publications. Presents scientific data at local and international symposia, educational events, customers visits and conferences. Creates educational/training material for internal (commercial and marketing organization) and external (customers and potential customers) stakeholders. Acts as subject matter expert in product development, regulatory registration and on-market product quality issues. Strictly adheres to Abbott procedures and ensures compliance. Monitors competitor information and relevant hematology scientific literature.MINIMUM EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree required; BS/MS degree desired
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- PhD or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) / Medical Technologist (MT) preferred
- 5+ years of Scientific or Hematopathology experience desired
- Laboratory hematology, including hematology instrumentation and blood cell morphology.
- Scientific experience: track record of leading or participating in scientific studies, authoring publications, giving presentations, development of hypothesis and experimental design, interpreting complex scientific data and performing basic statistical tests.
- Experienced balancing scientific requirements with financial and/or commercial needs.
- Clinical hematology knowledge (benign and malignant hematological diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic approaches) is a plus.
- Key attributes:
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills and techniques
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Attention to details
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of biostatistics: ability to interpret complex scientific data and perform basic statistical tests
- Strong communication and scientific writing skills
- Ability to present complex scientific and technical data and adjust the level of communication to the needs of multiple internal & external audiences
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Creative, decisive, but collaborative work style
- Commitment to continuous self-training and learning
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.