JOB DESCRIPTION - Lab Manager (1763)Location: Houston, TXPosition Summary:
The Lab Manager
is responsible for overseeing health, safety, and quality programs for multiple labs for a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Identify and manage all lab consumables, develop inventory keeping system, track consumables and order supplies when needed
- Oversee vendor management activities related to lab purchasing
- Oversee chemical inventory and purchasing for the labs
- Work with purchasing on all lab requisitions
- Establish document control program for lab policies and procedures
- Develop 5S program for facility to ensure productive operations
- Develop training program for lab personnel for technical and EHS topics
- Establish guidance and training materials and facilitate training to staff
- Waste Management activities include coordinating waste disposal, developing programs and plans for effective waste stream management
- Conduct lab inspections to ensure compliance with EHS policies and programs
- Manage preventative maintenance program to ensure optimal performance of equipment
- Bachelor's degree is science discipline is required
- 3-5 years' experience managing lab operations required
- 3-5 years' experience working with lab logistics required
- Previous experience with OSHA and EHS programs required
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to multi-task effectively
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate to a large group in a presentation setting
- Strong Math and Computer (Word/Excel) skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to set objectives and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
Type of Assignment:
Mon - Fri day shift
DOE please submit salary request with resume
- Due to the high-volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the requirements of the position will move through the interview process.
- This position does not offer C2C or H1-B sponsorship.
- Candidate acknowledges upon application that this position is not eligible for per diem or relocation reimbursement.