The Department of Neurology has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Research Associate 1 to work in the UHealth Campus. The Research Associate 1 supports research activities for the assigned division by conducting laboratory experiments on assigned research projects. Moreover, the incumbent operates with the goal of advancing his/her expertise through continued education, training, and research.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
- Keeps abreast of current publications relative to methods, techniques, and developments within the area of research.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens or tissue cultures.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Performs a variety of routine assays, tests, and studies.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results, collects data, and performs statistical analysis of laboratory results.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- No prior experience required
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.