Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.About Abbott
For years, Abbott's medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it's glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ?ngersticks
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Temecula, CA
currently has an opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer
. WHAT YOU'LL DO
Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Provide Process/Quality
Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure development of highest quality new products.
Core Job Responsibilities Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Identifies and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, custom complaints) by participating in efforts/teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and
implementing corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for querying & bounding data to support implementation of complex & documenting release criteria.;
2. Develops product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications and quality plans in conjunction with other product development team members. May be responsible for creating risk analyses and FMEAs.;
3. Develops Process Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps applying methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate
the cause of defects.;
4. Leads process improvement efforts by identifying methods to capture quality metric data and by performing appropriate analysis methods to enhance
sustaining product design and new product development.;
5. Assists in creation of Quality Tools & Training Materials by understanding the limitations of existing quality tools and training materials, and by helping to
identify more effective tools & materials.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities (Supervision Received) Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is
reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.;
(Supervision Provided) May provide limited work direction and guidance to exempt and/or skilled nonexempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career
development planning for subordinates.
Position Accountability / Scope (Influence/Leadership) Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion
of tasks. May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors.
Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.;
(Planning/Organization) Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.;
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may
cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Bachelor's degree (Engineering) REQUIRED plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training
** Previous Quality Engineering experience required.
*** Supplier Quality Engineering experience preferred.
** Medical Device or Pharma industry experience required
** Green Belt certification a plus
(Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures. General understanding of
business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
(Cognitive Skills) Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.